16th Floor, Tower1, Prosper Center,
No.5 Guanghua Road, Chaoyang District,
Beijing, 100020, P.R China
In its capacity as Data User, Generali Life (Hong Kong) Limited and/or Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A. – Hong Kong branch (as applicable) (“Generali”) is entitled to process the personal data of its stakeholders (customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers, trustees, internet users etc.) in the ordinary management of existing relations and to acquire consent if necessary. Data processing for commercial purposes is carried out only if specifically authorised by Data Subjects.
Personal data are not subject to dissemination unless specifically provided for by the law.
All Data Subjects can exercise their rights of access and know what personal data are held by us, their origins and how they are used. They shall also be entitled to call for the data to be updated, rectified, supplemented or deleted, ask for them to be blocked or object to their processing, and require further information on the processing of personal data by contacting the Personal Data Protection Officer via:
Generali Life (Hong Kong) Limited and/or Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A. – Hong Kong branch (as applicable) (“Generali”) acting as Data User(s) attach utmost importance to confidentiality, protection and safety of information, particularly personal data concerning their customers and people who get in touch with Generali.
This section outlines the methods used to administer this site or mobile application (“App”) with regard to the processing of users' personal data. Pursuant to Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486, laws of Hong Kong) and its subsidiary legislations/rules, this information is also provided to subjects interacting with the services provided over the internet by Generali (Data User).
Information is provided for and applies to Generali web sites/App only. It is not applicable to any other web site linked to the Generali site/App.
Surfers are required to provide personal data only if they want to get in contact with us or ask for advice. In such cases - totally voluntary - surfers are required to read the information as established by the law and to provide only data that is strictly necessary to handle their requests.
Surfers browsing our web site or App are not required to provide any personal data. However, as the technology used by Generali stores data concerning tools employed by users, which help track the latter.
We are pleased to provide useful information on the methods of active and passive collection of information concerning subjects/means interacting with this web site/App, as well as on the security measures taken by Generali.
While surfing a web site/App, it is technically possible to collect data even without a user's explicit registration to the service or without his/her active role. This type of collection is called “passive data collection”.
The use of IP addresses, cookies and other session identifiers, internet tags, and surfing data, including the possibility to exclude them and their implications, are shown below.
As regards the passive data collection:
- IP addresses are stored as surfing data;
- the web site/App may use surfing data as aggregate data for statistical purposes or profiling activities;
- the web site/App may use its own and third parties' cookies and other session identifiers (technical and profiling). Technical cookies are used in order to make surfing possible or provide a service requested by the user only if strictly necessary.
As regards the active data collection:
- E-Mail: Data received by e-mails sent to the web site/App are used to reply requests only. This data are stored for statistical purposes only and to check whether there are any precedents.
- Names may be included in specific Mailing List only if expressly requested by Surfers wishing to receive certain documents (press releases, financial statements, etc.) on a periodical basis.
- Registration: To access a number of services, surfers are required to fill in a specific form. This information is used to reply to the sender's request and to provide requested services only.
Generali Life (Hong Kong) Limited and/or Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A. – Hong Kong branch (as applicable) (“Generali”) process personal data concerning third parties, insured people, claimants, existing and potential customers, beneficiaries, etc.. Generali has always taken all necessary steps to guarantee data confidentiality and security, in line with new regulatory and technological developments, particularly in the field of computer technology.
- The Data User is Generali, which has appointed a staff as the Personal Data Protection Officer as the person in charge of the implementation of privacy legislation in Hong Kong;
- Data subjects may apply to the Personal Data Protection Officer of Generali to exercise their rights of access and obtain any further information on privacy;
Generali can only access personal information as is strictly necessary to perform specific services or for the purposes for which such information has been collected by providing the specific information (i.e. on contracts for Non-life business and for Life business).
Cookies are text files (letters and/or numbers) containing groups of information stored in Data Subjects’ computer or mobile device every time they visit a website/App through a browser. At each subsequent visit the browser sends these cookies to the web site/App which originated them or to another web site. Cookies allow web sites/App to store certain information in order to allow users to navigate online in a simple and fast way. Cookies are used for different purposes and have different characteristics. They can be used either by the Data User of the website/App you are visiting, or by third party.