Health allows us to pursue our dreams. Unfortunately, illness may strike as we age, and when it happens, using the best treatment available will no doubt be the highest priority. However, the cost of health care may put a substantial strain on you and your family especially with the rate medical costs are increasing and the demands of our aging population.
It is crucial to be prepared; regardless of your health conditions, your application will be accepted and you will be provided with worry-free protection including towards pre-existing medical conditions. FlexiPlus lets you continue the protection when you retire or change jobs, or to extend your current protection to meet the
specific needs of you and your family.
All eligible applications will be accepted. Medical protection could be needed by anyone, thus we do not differentiate by the health status of each individual, and are committed to continuing the protection up to Age1002 at the prevailing premium rates regardless of any record of future claims.
Traditionally, medical conditions that exist prior to the time of application are not covered. We changed this status-quo so that pre-existing conditions are now covered by FlexiPlus once our insured member has been insured by employer’s group medical policy and/ or FlexiPlus for at least one year in total3.
In addition to hospitalisation benefits, we provide outpatient and dental options for your choosing.
With FlexiPlus, you can increase your protection on top of your group medical policy, and ensure that it fits your own needs.
Unlike group cover which will cease when the employment contract ends, FlexiPlus will be your own individual policy with lifetime guaranteed renewal2,4. FlexiPlus can also serve the changing needs at different stages of your life. For example, you can maintain the same deductible after you change jobs or you can reduce the deductible when you retire5.
1. All eligible applications of Generali group medical policy shall be accepted unless there are any special terms or substandard underwriting terms applied under the group policy.
2. Generali reserves the right to adjust the premium table or amend the benefits or terms and conditions (e.g. benefit enhancements) at renewal. Supplementary Major Medical (SMM) benefit is renewable up to Age 74.
4. Coverage for pre-existing conditions except cancer (unless insured under the FlexiPlus policy for 24 full consecutive months).
4. FlexiPlus is guaranteed renewable and subject to all of the followings:
i) The continual availability of this plan and payment of the required renewal premium by the Policyholder upon each renewal Policy Year will continue FlexiPlus to be in force until the expiry date of that Policy Year; and
ii) FlexiPlus will be renewed upon premium payment by the Policyholder unless written notice of changes in policy terms and conditions or cancellation has been given by Generali prior to the renewal date of the Policy Year.
5. You can opt to reduce one level deductible and/ or change reimbursement % of outpatient and dental benefit without underwriting upon renewal when you have attained Age 55, 60 or 65, provided that you have been insured by FlexiPlus for at least 5 continuous years. This waiver can only be used once in a lifetime.