16th Floor, Tower1, Prosper Center,
No.5 Guanghua Road, Chaoyang District,
Beijing, 100020, P.R China
Personal Information Collection Statement
Your privacy matters to us. At Generali, we always put our customers at the heart of our business. As a trusted insurance provider, we treat the protection of personal information of our customers with utmost respect. Generali is committed to fully implementing the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance in relation to the collection, handling, use and disclosure of personal data.
- From time to time, it is necessary for you to supply Generali Life (Hong Kong) Limited / Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A. Hong Kong Branch (where applicable) (the “Company”) with data about yourself(ves), policyholder(s), life insured(s), beneficiary(ies), claimant(s), and/ or other relevant individuals (the “Personal Data”) in connection with the provision of insurance and/ or related products and services to you, the processing of claims under insurance policies issued and/ or arranged by the Company, and/ or the processing of any or all other requests, enquiries and complaints from you.
- Provision of the Personal Data to the Company by you is voluntary. However, failure to supply the Personal Data may result in the Company being unable to provide insurance and/ or related products and services to you, process claims under insurance policies issued and/ or arranged by the Company, and/ or process any or all other requests, enquiries, or complaints from you.
- The purposes for which the Personal Data may be used are as follows:
- processing your insurance application, arranging and executing insurance contract, and managing your account with the Company
- customer services and other related activities;
- conducting data matching procedures;
- designing insurance and/ or related products and services for customers’ use;
- marketing insurance and/ or other related products and services of the Company and/ or its parent company and group companies (hereinafter referred to as the “Group Entities”);
- direct marketing of insurance and/ or other related products and services subject to your prior prescribed consent (if any), and you can exercise the right of opt-out by notifying the Company at any time;
- statistical or actuarial research of the Company, its Group Entities, insurance industry associations or federations, governments and/ or regulatory entities;
- complying with the requirements under any laws, rules, regulations, codes, guidelines, court orders, compliance policies and procedures, and any other relevant requirements which the Company and/ or its Group Entities are expected to comply with, including, without limitation, performing due diligence on customers and making disclosures of the relevant information; and
- fulfilling any other purposes directly relating to (i) to (viii) above.
- The Personal Data held by the Company shall be kept confidential, but the Company may provide the Personal Data to the following parties (whether within or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region) for the purposes set out in paragraph (c) above, without prior notification to you and/ or any other relevant individuals to whom the Personal Data is related:
- intermediaries, claims service providers, coinsurers, reinsurers, banks and credit-card companies, health and medical organizations, business partners, and/ or any other relevant parties, as appropriate, who provide administrative, telecommunication, computer, payment, marketing, investigation, advisory and/ or other services to the Company in connection with the operation of its business;
- relevant insurance industry associations or federations, and/ or members of such industry associations or federations;
- overseas locations, as appropriate, of the Company and/ or its Group Entities;
- persons to whom the Company and/ or its Group Entities are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements as mentioned in (c) (viii);
- any court, government or regulatory entity (including, without limitation, tax authority, insurance authority, etc.) under any laws binding on the Company and/ or its Group Entities;
- lawful successors or assigns of the Company; and
- persons who owe a duty of confidentiality to the Company and/ or its Group Entities.
- The Company may verify any or all of the Personal Data by using information collected and released or transferred by relevant insurance industry associations or federations, and/ or members of such industry associations or federations.
- In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance:
- any individual has the right to:
- check whether the Company holds data about him/ her and, if so, obtain a copy of such data;
- require the Company to correct any data relating to him/ her that is inaccurate; and
- ascertain the Company’s policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of data held by the Company; and
- the Company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
- any individual has the right to:
- The person to whom requests for access to data and/ or correction of data and/ or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held are to be addressed as follows:
- Personal Data Protection Officer,
- Generali Life (Hong Kong) Limited / Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A. Hong Kong Branch (where applicable)
- 5/F, Generali Tower, 8 Queen’s Road East, Hong Kong.